Sex should be a pleasurable experience for both men and women. But for many women, sex can be uncomfortable or even painful. In this blog post, we will explore the reasons why sex can be painful for women and how FemiWave™ vaginal rejuvenation can help women experience more pleasurable sex.
What Causes Painful Sex for Females?
Painful sex, or dyspareunia, may be experienced by women during and/or after sex. The associated pain may be felt in the vagina or deeper in the pelvic region. Any of the following can contribute to painful sex:
- Vaginal dryness: Insufficient lubrication (which is especially common during menopause) can lead to pain during sex.
- Insufficient arousal: Not being sufficiently aroused can make sex more uncomfortable.
- Vaginismus: Involuntary vaginal tightness, usually caused by fear or anxiety about sex, can make penetration uncomfortable, painful, or even impossible. This issue can even occur in women who have previously enjoyed painless sex.
- Emotional factors: Stress, a history of sexual abuse, anxiety, depression, fear of intimacy, relationship problems, and other related factors can all affect sexual arousal and result in discomfort or pain during sex.
- Vaginal infections: Common vaginal infections, such as yeast infections, may negatively impact sensation during sex.
- Sexually transmitted infections (STIs or STDs): Sexually transmitted conditions such as herpes, chlamydia, gonorrhea, and others may make sex uncomfortable.
- Injury: Injury to the vulva or vagina, especially an episiotomy or tear during childbirth, can cause pain during sex.
- Genital irritation or allergy: Adverse reactions to soaps or latex condoms may cause painful sex.
- Endometriosis: This health condition in which uterine tissue grows outside the uterus can lead to pain during sex.
- Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID): Inflammation of the pelvic tissues can cause deep pain during sexual penetration.
- Other complications: Problems with the cervix, ovarian cysts, uterine fibroids, etc. can all impact how sex feels for women.
How Can I Reduce Pain During Sex?
Sex does not have to be painful or uncomfortable for women. Strategies for improving female sexual comfort include:
- Increased foreplay: This can improve arousal and increase vaginal lubrication to make sex more comfortable.
- Sexual lubricants: These can counteract dryness and make penetration easier and more pleasant for both parties.
- Patience: If you have recently had a baby, wait at least six weeks after childbirth before having intercourse (and then be gentle and patient).
- Sexual therapy: For women who suffer from feelings of guilt, inner conflict, being a victim of sexual abuse, or other related issues, working with a therapist or sex counselor can help.
- Medical help: If there are symptoms such as genital lesions, irregular periods, involuntary muscle contractions, STIs, and/or excess bleeding, get a doctor’s care.
- Medications: For certain women, medications such as estrogen creams can help to improve sexual comfort.
- FemiWave™: This female sexual health treatment repairs blood vessels and boosts blood flow to improve vaginal health and optimize sexual performance for women.
How Can FemiWave™ Improve Sex for Women?
FemiWave™ is an all-natural female sexual health treatment that uses shockwave therapy for vaginal rejuvenation. This treatment can restore sensation, enhance cellular function, and increase blood flow so that healthier vaginal tissue can grow. Each treatment session begins with applying a numbing cream, after which the FemiWave™ device transmits sound waves to promote healthy tissue growth and function. The treatment lasts just 15 to 20 minutes and has no downtime. Because the treatment is all natural, candidates include any women who are interested in improving their sexual comfort, performance, and experience. A series of 6 to 12 treatments is clinically proven to reduce vaginal pain, increase vaginal lubrication, tighten the vagina, heighten sensitivity, increase sex drive, promote greater sexual satisfaction, increase muscle control, break down scar tissue after episiotomy repair/childbirth, and enhance orgasms.
If you are a woman suffering from painful sex, FemiWave™ could truly change your life. Schedule your consultation with female sexual health expert Dr. Nicole Eisenbrown to learn more about this incredible treatment for female sexual well-being. Call (407) 212-9532 or contact us online to book your appointment with Dr. Eisenbrown today.