Do you find yourself dealing with more incontinence issues in the winter? Experts say that it’s not uncommon for women to suffer more accidental bladder leaks during cold weather. If you’re tired of dealing with this problem, treatment can help. At Amore Medical Spa, we offer several nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation treatments that can help you restore bladder control and improve your quality of life.
Symptoms of Female Incontinence
Female incontinence symptoms include:
- Sudden strong urge to urinate, forcing you to rush to the restroom
- Leaking urine before you can get to the restroom
- More frequent need to urinate
- Accidental bladder leakage when coughing, sneezing, laughing, or straining
- Urine leakage that prevents activities and/or causes embarrassment
- Emptying the bladder feels incomplete, as though there may still be more to void
Causes of Urinary Incontinence
Female incontinence can be caused by pregnancy, childbirth, aging, menopause, certain medical conditions, and/or surgical trauma. Any of these can weaken the pelvic floor muscles, decrease tissue elasticity, and increase vaginal dryness, all of which are associated with incontinence.
During the winter, other factors can also contribute to loss of bladder control. The first reason is that women perspire less in the winter due to colder weather conditions. When the body loses less fluid through sweating, it produces more urine instead, thereby increasing the urge and frequency to relieve the bladder.
Another reason women may suffer more incontinence symptoms in the winter is due to increased stress levels. The holidays are often as stressful as they are enjoyable (sometimes even more so!), and increased stress overworks the muscles and can make it harder to prevent accidental bladder leaks.
A third contributing factor to female incontinence in winter is increased consumption of food and drink. During the cold season, people tend to consume more food to help themselves stay warm. During the holidays, there is also an increase in the abundance of baked goods, holiday treats, hearty meals, appetizers, and specialty drinks at family and social gatherings. Increased consumption of such things can increase the frequency of bathroom trips. It can also result in weight gain, which puts more pressure on the bladder.
Treatments for Female Incontinence
The following three treatments can reduce and even eliminate bladder leaks entirely for women dealing with female incontinence.
- O-Shot: The O-shot is an injection of isolated growth proteins from your own blood to increase blood flow to the pelvic area. This results in tissue tightening and reduces accidental bladder leaks.
- Viveve™: Viveve™ is a nonsurgical treatment that applies radiofrequency waves to strengthen the muscles and tissues. This leads to improved sensation, reduced dryness, and a reduction in bladder leaks.
- FemiWave®: FemiWave® is a nonsurgical therapy that increases blood flow, boosts nerve sensation, and strengthens the muscles to reduce incontinence.
Many of our female patients see improvements in incontinence symptoms after just one treatment session. Periodic maintenance treatments every 1 to 2 years can help to ensure long-lasting results.
There’s no reason to suffer from female incontinence when these treatments can help you embrace life more fully. We can help you take back control and get you the treatment you need to eliminate your incontinence symptoms.
To schedule your consultation, call (407) 212-9532 or contact us online today.